- The Salt Flats are beautiful and I think running across them is the best way to experience them.
- Lemon Lime Gatorade is terrible and I don't like it.
- Training on hills really helped me.
- Changing shoes at mile 33 was a good idea.
- I can't help but wonder; if I rested more at aid stations would I have been able to make up that time and more? Or was short aid station stops a better idea?
- To the guy who told me to eat solid food after mile 30: I never didn't eat solid food. :-)
- 2 full 20oz bottles might be too much if the aid stations are close (6 miles) together. It's a unnecessary weight thing
- I read complaints about some foods not sitting right with some people. I haven't encountered such a problem yet.
- Cooperating weather was a huge contributor to my success. It wasn't too hot and was cloudy most of the day.
At any rate, the race was awesome. I took something like 5th place overall which is what I was expecting. I had a great time and wouldn't hesitate doing it again.