I wear glasses. For reason not need to be expanded upon here, I'm not about to get contacts or laser eye surgery anytime soon. So, I have to wear glasses. With all the running that I do have to keep my glasses on my head somehow. If I don't have some sort of device helping to keep my glasses on my face then I end up pushing them up my nose every 50 feet.
I've been through a couple of different brands and varieties of eyeglass retaining implements. The style that I prefer is typically made of neoprene and goes around the back of the head (rather than having drawstring style with a bead or cordlock that dangles down your neck).
The problem being is that there isn't a huge market for these types of glasses that I have seen. So I have to look hard and buy when I see them if I don't want to get caught without a pair. I have found several brands that have had the stitching on the part that goes on the temple of the glasses just fall apart after a few uses. Its very frustrating to have these give out so early.
At any rate, these Chums are the ones that I prefer to use. I have used them heavily and have never had one fail me. I install and uninstall them every day I go running and I soak them with rain and sweat regularly. Even during an ultra these have held up with absolutley no complaints. The are comfortable and keep my glasses where I want them. I don't have issues with them crawling down or being to tight. I haven't had any problems with them bouncing or rubbing and creating any discomfort. Recomended.
- ► 2016 (15)
- Antelope Island Trail Running Video
- Product Review: ASICS Men's PR Tights
- 2012 Seoul International Marathon (My first full m...
- Review: Chums Classic Neoprene Eyewear Retainer
- Frary Peak (Antelope Island State Park, Utah) Trai...
- Hot Wash
- The 2011 Pyeongtaek Half Marathon (South Korea)
- Ten Mile Tuesday
- L.L. Bean Polartec® Power Dry® Beanie
- Running Gear Rundown (Everything I wore on 13 Dece...
- Moab Winter Sun 10k
- Hot Wash
- How to Run Faster
- Headsweats Race Performance Running/Outdoor Sports...
- ▼ December (14)